So when we heard about this story, even though they’re not used cars, we couldn’t help but to share, and it’s one the car collectors are going to love. When Lambrecht Chevrolet, in Pierce, Nebraska, closed their doors in 1996, the only things to leave were the workers. The entire inventory stayed, to be locked up in a time capsule, if you will, until VanDerBrink Auctions decided to reopen the doors. And what they found were about 50 vehicles in dusty, but perfect condition and most with less than 15 miles.
These are the cars worth noting:
- 1958 Chevy Cameo pickup with one mile on the odometer
- 1959 Chevy Bel Air sedan with one mile
- 1965 Chevy Bel Air station wagon with five miles
- 1969 Chevy Cheyenne pickup with four miles
- 1975 Chevy Caprice with seven miles
- 1978 Chevy Malibu with 11 miles
These cars, and the rest, will be auctioned off on Sept. 28 and 29 by VanDerBrink Auctions, but for now we can all just drool over how beautiful these cars are and what a great collection any of them would be to our driveways.
Which of these cars is your favorite? We’d love to hear about it in the comments section below or tell us about it on our Facebook! Also, check out the video below to see more vehicles not mentioned.