Car buyers in the market for quality used cars have struggled over the last year due to inventory shortages as a result of the economy and the lack of trade-ins. Recently however, the used car market has been on an upswing with more cars available resulting in lower prices. Plus, vehicle quality is reaching an all-time high.
“Almost a million more used vehicles will be added to the industry this year as a result of more trade-ins on new-car sales,” said Ricky Beggs, auto analyst at Black Book USA. “This is a significant driver of lower prices, combined with additional rental cars being sold at auction and dealers preparing for the coming 2013 models.”
To help consumers take advantage of growing used car inventories, Edmunds compiled a list of the 15 best used cars. Limited to vehicles between two and seven years old, each used car was evaluated on reliability, safety, value, and availability.
Edmunds “Best Used Cars” are as follows:
- Compact Sedan: 2005-2010 Hyundai Elantra
- Midsize Sedan: 2005-2010 Nissan Altima
- Large Sedan: 2006-2010 Hyundai Azera
- Coupe: 2005-2010 BMW 3 Series
- Convertible: 2005-2010 Mazda Miata
- Wagon: 2005-2010 Pontiac Vibe
- Compact SUV/Crossover: 2005-2010 Honda CR-V
- Midsize SUV/Crossover: 2005-2010 Ford Explorer
- Large SUV/Crossover: 2005-2010 Chevrolet Tahoe
- Minivan/Van: 2005-2010 Honda Odyssey
- Compact Truck: 2005-2010 Toyota Tacoma
- Large Truck: 2005-2010 Ford F-150
- Luxury: 2005-2010 Infiniti G35/G37
- Hybrid: 2005-2010 Toyota Prius
- Sport Compact: 2005-2010 Subaru Impreza WRX
Which one of these used models strikes your fancy? Contact Pfeiffer Used Cars for more information on these or any used car model or stop by their Grand Rapids dealership to take a test drive.